Building the foundation of our future.
Border Christian College is a small school with composite classes where every aspect of the educational program is devoted to the development of the whole person.
Small class sizes create at atmosphere of community with peers and allow teachers to provide exceptional care and develop strong, positive relationships with their students. Special, school-wide events and campus proximity allow students to become acquainted with Secondary staff, facilitating a smoother, more confident transition into high school.
Benefits of Composite Classes
- Students will have the option of being involved in smaller focus groups (eg., reading) based on their level of competancy.
- Friendship dynamics can be more varied.
- Creates an opportunity for peer tutoring with older class members helping younger and in turn, older students consolidate cognative processes.
Based on the NSW Curriculum, Border Christian College offers the following subjects to students in K-6.
- Bible (Encounter Program)
- Values Education
- PDHPE – Personal Health Development and Physical Education
- Creative Arts